...running the course God sets before us, no matter the cost, no matter the task, to the end, for His glory
.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

"The Girls"

As I groaned and turned over to meet my morning I woke up face to face with "The Girls".

I have a lot of girls in my head. And quite frankly some of them are much better behaved than others.

The ones who greeted me this morning are not my favorite:

  • Rhonda Rollover: encouraging me to just pull the covers over your head
  • Mrs. To-Do: jostling with Rhonda Rollover and trying to loudly tell me all there was to do
  • Paula Procrastination: trying to talk over Mrs. To-Do to explain why it could all be done tomorrow
  • Miss Worry Wart: wringing her hands as she looks at the To-Do list and reminding me of several other impending disasters that REQUIRE my emotional energy
  • Sarah Storm Cloud: giving off dire predictions of failure


It is hard to rouse myself out of bed when that is the crowd greeting me. I begin to wonder if Rhonda Rollover doesn't have the right idea.

When I wake up face to face with my weaknesses and fears it is easy to despair of making it through the day. On those days, my weaknesses are certainly loud and in my face and rather convincing to my spirit that I really cannot "do" this....this....this...whatever.

This day.
This task.
This busyness.
This challenge.
This.
This.
This.

But as all "The Girls" were trying to make their own case about what was wrong with me and why this day was not going to go so well, there was another Voice. A Still Small Voice.


by Grace Macias
And It was saying:
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."              

2 Corinthians 12:9


He didn't tell me to be strong on my own. He didn't tell me to pull up my boot straps and get going. He didn't tell me to get over it. He didn't deride me for being tired. He didn't parade the needs of the days in front of my eyes.

Instead, He simply and profoundly offered His grace and assured me it was sufficient. Enough. All that I needed.

Then suddenly, all of the girls vanished. And in their places was my Savior, with His hand outstretched, and His grace waiting to impower me.  And in place of the screaming needs of the day were doors. Each need was a door. An entrance to the grace and the power of God.

Each need was really an entrance for Jesus to come into my life in a new and fresh way.

So, and even more in this advent season, I say, "Come Lord Jesus, Come!"

Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.                                                       ~ Revelations 3:20





No comments:

Post a Comment