...running the course God sets before us, no matter the cost, no matter the task, to the end, for His glory
.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Didn't Know I Knew

"I've just remembered something I must have known, but didn't know I knew." -Miss Marple.
I have only recently discovered Miss Marple.  And I love her. She makes me wish I was British.

In the recent episode I watched, she gets this sort of subtle, yet startled, look on her face (she does this a lot right before she solves a crime) and said the above quote: "I just remembered something I must have known, but didn't know I knew."

That is a doozie!

I mean how many times do I relearn what I already know?
  • that God is faithful
  • that He will provide what I need
  • that the current circumstances are just the slimmest of veneers on what is actually going on
  • that the little things I am so worried about right now will be rather insignificant in a few years
  • that practicing gratitude will pull me out of the darkest of moods
  • that I can't worry a situation into a better outcome

I just need to remember what I must have known, but sometimes don't know I knew.

So what do you know that you know?

Well, don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment