Sometimes I am so tired when I go to bed.
Sometimes I am so tired when I wake up!
And that would be this morning, by the way. Ugh. I am supposed to be up and leading the day and getting school started and cheerfully encouraging the children and......yeah- that is what I am supposed to be doing.
But instead, I am waiting for the coffee to kick in.
*Side note: did you know that studies show that women who drink coffee suffer from less depression!!! Ha! I love it when "studies show" something good about something I do a lot of but which I feel a slight amount of guilt over. Oh Sweet Release!So this morning, because (warning: transparency coming) I didn't want to read anything "HARD" and study hard, I didn't go to where I left off in Ephesians, I instead went to Psalms and was just going to read the "Psalms of the Day"- you know, where you do the date Psalm (Psalm 3 today) and then add 30 until you get to end of the Psalms (Psalms 3, 33, 63, 93, 123). I have done this for years and now it feels "easier". Yep- the translation of what I was this morning: LAZY!
But God isn't lazy. Nor does He waste any of His Word. Probably because it is Living and Active and stuff like that!
Psalm 3 was just what I needed this morning. It is a time when I am looking at our schedule and our requirements and our plans and our meetings and our lesson plans and our laundry and I am wondering, "How am I going to fit 39 gallons of needs into a 24 gallon day?"
And this is what God told me from Psalm 3:
3 But Thou, O Lord, are a shield about me
* I am protected all the time by the encompassing shield of my FatherMy glory, and the One who lifts my head.
* He is what is good and He is the One who lifts my head out of my hands. It is He who takes care of me!4 I was crying to the Lord with my voice
* Oh good, even David cried sometimes! I love the honesty of Scripture. It is not bad for me to cry to the Lord!And He answered me from His holy mountain.
* Not only MAY I cry, but my cries are heard! By God! And He answers me!5 I lay down and slept
* God's care, protection, and answers allow me to stop fretting and to rest!I awoke, for the Lord sustains me.
*God's care and protection are not to allow me to stay in bed! His refreshment is to re-energize me to wake up, get up, and face whatever He allows into my life.6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people.
* It is amazing how sometimes five people (the number of family still living in my home) can seem like ten thousands! At least all the things those people need or all the messes they can make or all the life that we live together! And then add in everything else and everyone else and all the everything involved in raising a family and homeschooling and being involved in "stuff" and- it feels like ten thousands of people are:Who have set themselves against me round about.
* yep, it is true. Sometimes it feels like all that stuff above (in the people paragraph) are set against me! Like drawn up in battle array! With awfully big guns!7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God!...
* Hallelujah! It is not my job to conquer all the foes. Instead, God will save me!8 Salvation belongs to the Lord;
Thy blessing be upon Thy people!
* God brings the salvation and God brings the blessings
My job is to rest in Him and then get up when He wakes me. To look on the ten thousands of needs and not fear. To call on the Lord and watch His salvation. To wait for His blessings.
So I think I will get up after all this morning. And face the day. In the presence of my Lord. And I think I will sit back and see what He Will Do!
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.