...running the course God sets before us, no matter the cost, no matter the task, to the end, for His glory
.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012- Loving God More

The first day of the year....January 1st.  The day I am always tempted to make Resolutions.

Again.

Maybe this will be the year I will exercise more.
Or it will be the year I will eat better.
Maybe finally I will get around to finishing the half-started craft projects stashed away in the closet.
Could it be that this will be the year I finally get that book written. Or started. Or whatever.


But the last few years I have avoided making those kinds of resolutions.

You know, the kind that last for three weeks before getting tossed into the pile of good intentions. Instead I have, for the last few years, come up with more of a theme or focus for the year.

Not measurable.
Not something that can be broken down into small, attainable steps.
Not exactly what the "experts" would recommend.

Not normal (like me!)


In 2010 my theme was abiding in Christ...like ALL the time!  Not just on Sundays or in my quiet times or when people were watching.  But all the time. Living, breathing, eating, resting in my Savior. I can't say I always succeeded, but having that as my goal sustained me through some of the darkest roads I have ever traveled.

In 2011 my theme was the Year of Now.  Praying Now. Living Now. Abiding Now. Doing Now. I can't say that I succeeded at this one either. There were many times I avoided the Now. I put off difficult things and steered clear of others. But because this was my theme I put off less than I would have otherwise!


2012
So what about this year?

What will be my theme this year?  Besides still trying to abide in Christ and still trying to do it now?

Yes, once again I am going to add another theme. But this time it is almost more of a paradigm shift.

My focus this year is that, no matter WHAT is in front of me, whether physical or relational or professional or experiential or WHATEVER.....I want to love God more.

No matter what.

Especially more than myself. Especially more than my ideas. Especially more than my pet projects. Especially more than my expectations. Especially more than my rights.

More than everything. More than anything. Just more.

I want to love God more than everything and the most of anything else.

I want to live:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."  -Matt. 22:37


Happy New Year. And, I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment