...running the course God sets before us, no matter the cost, no matter the task, to the end, for His glory
.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Much-Tried Path

He who would glorify his God must set his account upon meeting with many trials. No man can be illustrious before the Lord unless his conflicts be many. If then, yours be a much-tried path, rejoice in it, because you will the better show forth the all-sufficient grace of God. As for His failing you, never dream of it—hate the thought. The God who has been sufficient until now, should be trusted to the end.         -Charles Spurgeon

The much-tried path.

The one with trials.  With conflicts.  With difficulties.

But I am mistaken if I just focus on the path.

It is not actually about the path.

For the path is just a canvas.  A place for God to have the opportunity to paint a masterpiece.

A masterpiece for a display of His Grace.  His Sufficiency.  His Supply.  His indefatigable resources.


So praise you Father for this much-tried path You have allowed me to be on.  To walk on, to stumble on, and occasionally even trip on.  The one where You pick me up and comfort me and point me in the right direction again.

And then send me on my way.  Still on the same much-tried path.  But not alone.

Never, ever alone.


"Be content with what you have, for he has said, 

'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'"

Hebrews 13:5



No comments:

Post a Comment