...running the course God sets before us, no matter the cost, no matter the task, to the end, for His glory
.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Expecting Jesus at Every Turn


"The battle is not against sin or difficulties or circumstances, but against being so absorbed in work that we are not ready to face Jesus Christ at every turn...

It is not service that matters, but intense spiritual reality, expecting Jesus at every turn...

If we are going to be ready for Jesus Christ, we have to stop being religious and be spiritually real."
-Oswald Chambers


I am facing lots of "bends in the road" these days, and quite honestly that can be rather unsettling.  Stability and predictability, while being somewhat boring, can make life "easier" and more "containable".  


But all this turning and bending is teaching me something.


And it is not about how to turn and bend.


Rather it is that however and wherever my road takes me I can be, as Mr. Chambers so beautifully put it, expecting Jesus at every turn.


The story is not really about where the road goes.  On the contrary it is that at every bend along the way Jesus is already there.


At every bend.  At every turn.


However, if I am so absorbed in my work, and my tasks, and my To Do lists, and my projects, and....... all the "stuff" that clutters my mind and heart I run the very real risk of missing Him altogether.


Oh Lord.


That I may never do that.


But instead, that I may keep my eyes ahead, 
......scanning the horizon, 
......pushing toward the next turn,
......in breathless anticipation,
......and in total confidence,


that You are there.


Already.


Just around that next turn.





No comments:

Post a Comment