...running the course God sets before us, no matter the cost, no matter the task, to the end, for His glory
.

Monday, October 24, 2011

When I Am Weak...

I like this picture "Whistler's Mother" because she reminds me of
how I feel after a hard day's work.




...He is strong.




That is a truth that I come back to again and again and again.


Because I feel weak again and again and again.


Sometime I feel weak in my battle against my bad habits.
And sometimes I feel weak when I am trying to give unconditional love.
And sometimes I feel weak when I am faced with a tough day.
And sometimes I feel weak when I am tempted.
And sometimes I feel weak when I have too much to do.
And sometimes I feel weak when I need to turn the other cheek...and I don't want to.
And sometimes I feel weak.


No real reason. I just feel not up to the challenge of .....whatever.


It is the Math Problem of: addition of small thing plus small thing plus small thing that adds up to TOO MUCH for me to handle.


But God already knows this. He knows my inward parts. He knows I am flesh. He knows I am not able. 


Maybe that is why He put this in the Scripture:

 But He said to me, “My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me… for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.          II Corinthians 12:9,10


Hallelujah! I don’t ever need to worry about being strong enough on my own. I am weak so that "the power of Christ may reside in me. 
In other words, I just need to get out of the way so God can be strong in me.
Now, there are things I should do.  I should study and I should love and I should serve and I should forgive and I should repent.
But EVEN THEN....I will not be strong enough. I will NEVER be strong enough!
I will never be strong enough because of MY EFFORTS.
That is why it has NEVER been about my own efforts.
This is for you and for me. Our lives are simply a stage to demonstrate our insufficiency and God's power. In our weaknesses He is STRONG. He uses His power through and on the stage of our lives!
Our job? 
Be obedient and keep showing up.
We have to show up on the battlefield of our lives. We show up on our knees. And we show up with our hearts. We show up for our family. And we show up to our neighbors. We show up in service. And we show up with worship.
We show up to the STAGE OF GOD'S POWER in us.
When we are weak....then and only then does Christ's power show through.
That is a life lived where there isn't any other explanation- only Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment