...running the course God sets before us, no matter the cost, no matter the task, to the end, for His glory
.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Stand

by Susan Macias

I stand with my face embraced by the sun

There is joy in life, something new has begun


The God of all goodness, He loves and provides

His heart is toward me, in Him I abide


I raise my hands, praise the God of good gifts

All comes from above, songs to Him do I lift


I need Him, I trust Him, in face of all that I see

I seek Him, I find Him, His hand is on me.



I stand with my face stung harsh by the storm

There are difficulties ahead, beware, be warned


Trials and suffering, and death to my dreams

I stumble, fall down, and wince at the sting


Faltering and feebly I raise hands to my King

Quietly, but firmly, my voice starts to sing


I need You, I trust You, in face of all that I see

I seek You, I find You, Your hand is on me.



I don’t know the result of the good and the bad

But I’ll stand and praise whether happy or sad


The God who walks beside me on pathways of light

Is the God who stays with me in the valley of night


He redeems, He restores, and doesn’t waste a thing

He works all together for the good that He brings


I need Him, I trust Him, in face of all that I see

I seek Him, I find Him, His hand is on me.

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing mom! God has given you an incredible gift and I am SO blessed to be able to watch you use it for Him =) I love you more than words could say <3

    ReplyDelete