...running the course God sets before us, no matter the cost, no matter the task, to the end, for His glory
.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Where Are You Going?


In our Latin studies we were memorizing the Latin saying, "Quo vadis?" which means, "Where are you going?"

And that set me to thinking. Where AM I going?

I need to know, because if I don't know where I am going, I can't watch for the signposts that tell me how to get there.

Think about looking at a map- with all its roads and symbols and towns and rest stops and state lines. You find your spot on the map- the place you are now.
You are going to figure out where to go. Next.
But if you don't decide WHERE that is, then your map is useless. Except for maybe letting you know where you COULD go. That is if you would decide WHERE that is!

And there is the crux of the problem.
There are just so many possibilities!
There are so many choices!
And I can't figure out the HOW to go somewhere unless I decide WHERE it is I am going.

Quo vadis?
Where are you going?
Where am I going?

I know where I want to go: TOWARD GOD!

But honestly, sometimes, it is hard to know which direction that is.
Life can sometimes look and feel like this:
Life ever feel like this you?
Or is that only me?

What do you do then?

Well, when I am smart, I hop right over to my travel manual and read some instructions like:
"..your ears will hear a word behind you, saying "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to right or when you turn to the left.~Isaiah 30: 19-21 
That Voice is way better than the most updated and advanced GPS system.
That Voice is from the One who can see the beginning from the end and Who loves you enough to die for you.
That Voice is the One to listen to!

Listen to what else That Voice says,
"But just as it is written, 'Things that no eye has seen, or ear heard, or mind imagined, are the things God has prepared for those who love Him.'"  ~I Cor 2:9



Quo vadis?

I don't know about you, but I am going to go EXACTLY where The Voice tells me to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment